Eve Lopez is a Certified Family Law Specialist, possessing comprehensive expertise in matters related to family law and children with special needs. Commanding nearly two decades’ experience in the legal field, Ms. Lopez set the stage for her career while an undergraduate at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB). During this time, she enriched her coursework through positions at a domestic violence clinic and as a family law paralegal. Following receipt of her Bachelor of Arts from UCSB in 1994, Ms. Lopez earned her Master of Science in Forensic Psychology from California State University, Los Angeles, later graduating from Southwestern Law School.
Having served as an advocate for children with special needs and being a mother of a child with special needs, Ms. Lopez has a unique understanding of family law matters involving children with special needs.
Ms. Lopez has built a reputation as a trusted source of advocacy and support for clients facing complex issues of divorce, child custody, visitation, premarital agreements and paternity issues, with a demonstrated history of success in each area.
As a further testament to her expertise, she completed the Parenting Coordination Conference for Mental Health Professionals and Attorneys, is regularly appointed as minor’s counsel, holds membership in the Family Law Sections of both the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles County Bar Associations, and spoke at a recent Child Custody Colloquium of the LACBA.
Eve Lopez was named as a Rising Star in every year from 2009 to 2015; and a Top Women Attorney in 2012.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2007
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 2005
- Honors: With Honors
- Law Review: Southwestern University College of Law, Staff Member, Associate Editor, 2002 – 2004
- California State University of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- M.S. – 1998
- Major: Criminal Justice
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. – 1994
- Major: Pre-Law
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award, 2001
- Exceptional Achievement Award, 2003 – 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 2007
Pro Bono Activities
- Parent Advocate, 2002 – 2006
- Special Education Advocate