Eve Lopez is an elite Certified Family Law Specialist, possessing expertise in complex family law matters. Commanding over two decades’ experience in the legal field, Ms. Lopez set the stage for her career while an undergraduate during which she enriched her coursework through positions at a domestic violence clinic and as a family law paralegal. Following receipt of her Bachelor of Arts in 1994, Ms. Lopez earned her Master of Science in Forensic Psychology from California State University, Los Angeles, later graduating from Southwestern Law School.
Having served as an advocate for children with special needs and being appointed by the Court on dozens of occasions to represent children with special needs, Ms. Lopez has a unique understanding of family law matters involving children with special needs.
Ms. Lopez has built a reputation as a trusted source of advocacy and support for clients facing complex issues of divorce, child custody, visitation, premarital agreements and paternity issues, with a demonstrated history of success in each area.
As a further testament to her expertise, she completed the Parenting Coordination Conference for Mental Health Professionals and Attorneys and is regularly appointed as minor’s counsel. She serves on the Executive Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law section. She regularly teaches to bar associations on various topics including using technology in the courtroom and representing children in family law matters.
Eve Lopez was named as a Rising Star in every year from 2009 to 2017; and a Top Women Attorney in 2012-2017.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law Appeals
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2007
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 2005
- Honors: With Honors
- Law Review: Southwestern University College of Law, Staff Member, Associate Editor, 2002 – 2004
- California State University of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- M.S. – 1998
- Major: Criminal Justice
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- B.A. – 1994
- Major: Pre-Law
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award, 2001
- Exceptional Achievement Award, 2003 – 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee
- Chair, Minor’s Counsel Subcommittee
- Chair, Mentorship Subcommittee
- E-filing Subcommittee
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Mexican American Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Parent Advocate, 2002 – 2006
- The Ninety-Nines: International Organization of Women Pilots